Shopping online always has potential risks. By having fraud protection for Shopify Payments, your Shopify Store can help you to fulfill more orders and build customers’ trust.
Furthermore, securing orders automatically can also save you a lot of time, and you can run your business with peace and confidence. Check out how to protect payment on your Shopify in this article!
Advantages of Fraud Protect
- Increase your customer’s trust thus skyrocket your sale
- Save your time protecting your orders
- Need not to fear scamming, generic, or unknown orders
However, notice that while payback request for cheating is the most popular type of claim, Fraud Protect will not support you in the following cases:
- Duplicate: your client supposes that you accredited him 2 times for the same order
- Canceled subscription: the buyer considers that you priced him for canceled orders
- Product not reach: your consumer says that he did not get what they bought
- Wrong products: your shopper thinks that the product he received was broken, fake, or not as pictured
- Credit not treated: your customer thinks that the order did not succeed, but he does not get his money back yet
Criterias to apply Fraud Protect
At present, only Shopify sites that have a basement in the US can use Fraud Protect.
You can check your access ability to Fraud Protect feature by finding Fraud prevention option on the Shopify Payments section in your Shopify administrator panel. If Shopify grants you access to this option, you can use the Fraud Protect feature.
Fraud Protect only secures orders processed by Shopify Payment. When it comes to other payment gateways such as PayPal or credit cards, these orders get no protection from Fraud Protect.
However, notice that Fraud Protect will work on Shopify Payment orders that have high scamming risk levels, too.
How to establish Fraud Protect on Shopify
After assuring that your store is eligible, you should learn how to install Fraud Protect from your Shopify administrator panel.
- In your Shopify admin, click Settings section
- Here, choose Payment providers option
- To continue, select the Manage option in the Shopify Payments box
- Click on the Set up Fraud Protect button
- You should learn the terms of service before accepting them
- Decide whether unsecured Shopify Payments orders automatic or manual protection. You better choose “Automatic” to save your time and protect all orders
- Select the Activate Fraud Protect button there
- Click “Done” to finish setting up
Review the Shopify Payments page and verify the Fraud Protection status in your Shopify admin whenever you want.
Disable Fraud Protect on your store
After Fraud Protect establishment, you can disable it easily by following these steps:
- Enter Settings from Shopify Admin
- Select Payment providers option
- Choose Deactivate Fraud Protect (It is next to Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments section)
- Click Confirm deactivation to finish
Notice: Please be aware that any orders protected before your Fraud Protect deactivation will have no change in its security status.
If your business has not met Shopify’s requirements, updates for Fraud Protect available to entrepreneurs in other countries and different payment gateways are coming soon.
Activate Fraud Protect for Shopify Payments now as it is worthy.